Troubleshoot TV Coaxial Splitters
1) Disconnect All Cables from the Coaxial Splitter
2) Connect the VeCOAX ULTRA+ to the splitter
- No need for HDMI input
- Check on the VeCOAX ULTRA+ Display the TV Standard is what you need (CABLE/AIR)
- On the VeCOAX ULTRA+ Display please note the CHANNEL NUMBERS THE UNIT IS GENERATING
3) On the SPLITTER, disconnect all the coaxial cables except the one from the VeCOAX ULTRA+ and the one which goes to the REFERENCE TEST TV which was working properly when connected direct to the vecoax with a short piece of coaxial cable
4) Nothing Else connected to the splitter, only the VeCOAX ULTRA+ and the previously working TV
5) If the TV Shows the VeCOAX ULTRA+ COLOR BARS Test signal, proceed to step 7
6) If the TV does not show anymore the VeCOAX ULTRA+ color bars test signal try these steps:
- 6A) Remove the splitter and connect the VeCOAX ULTRA+ directly to the coaxial cable that goes to the TEST REFERENCE TV and check if the Color Bars signal shows again as before in the VeCOAX ULTRA+ direct connection to the TV.
- 6B) IF the signal is not showing, but it was working when connected the VeCOAX ULTRA+ to that TV with a short piece of coaxial cable, check your coaxial cable as it might be defective
- 6C) IF removing the splitter and connecting directly the VeCOAX ULTRA+ to the coaxial cable that goes to the TV shows the VeCOAX ULTRA+ color bars test signal, probably your splitter is defective or cannot pass digital TV signals
- 6D) IF your Coaxial splitter is an AMPLIFIED TYPE, and connecting the VeCOAX ULTRA+ directly to the cable shows the color bars test signal, probably the signal level of the VeCOAX ULTRA+ IS TOO STRONG for your amplified active splitter, so you need to adjust the RF OUT LEVEL of each VeCOAX ULTRA+ channel to a lower level on the VeCOAX ULTRA+ display > Channel Setup > RF OUT LEVEL. Adjust to the lowest level and then rise if some TVs are not reached by your splitter. PLEASE REPEAT THIS PER EACH CHANNEL.
Or Change the splitter to a higher model.
7) Keep monitoring the working TV with color bars signal on (let's call this the " REFERENCE TEST TV), then connect one by one / one at the time the other coaxial cables to the splitter testing if the color bars test channel is found and works on the other TVs, one by one.
Rescan all the TVs as needed
If the channels are not found, RESET THE TV TO FACTORY to clean old data stored on the TV memory
If the channels are not found, Move the VeCOAX ULTRA+ to that TV and connect direct with a short coaxial.
Make sure that TV can find the VeCOAX ULTRA+ channels when connect direct.
If not, check the minimod2+ display setting, repeat the single unit installation steps, check the TV manual to scan digital TV channels
If by connecting one coaxial to the splitter, the color bars signal stops on the reference TV, then go back and troubleshoot what is wrong with that specific coaxial cable.
IMPORTANT: if a coaxial cable injects more TV channels to the splitter and then the Color Bars signal stops on the Reference TV, this could mean the VeCOAX ULTRA+ channel is in conflict with another channel. In this case change the VeCOAX ULTRA+ channels to a Higher set by recalling a HIGHER PRESET NUMBER on the VeCOAX ULTRA main screen of the color display, rescan the TVs and test again.
IMPORTANT: if a coaxial cable injects more signals and you are using an AMPLIFIED SPLITTER, this could be SATURATED by too many signals so the splitter goes to signal distortion.
To fix this, reduce every signal level so the amplified coaxial splitter input is no more saturated, or change the splitter to a higher model.
8) If you are using Multiple VeCOAX ULTRA+ over the same Coaxial Splitter Combiner, and when you connect extra VeCOAX ULTRA+ the channels disappear from some TVs, please check:
- The VeCOAX ULTRA+ units are set over different parameters ( DIFFERENT PRESET NUMBERS ) each other so they are not conflicting. Go Back and Follow the Steps listed on the main VeCOAX ULTRA+ support page.
- If you are using an AMPLIFIED Coaxial Splitter, lower each channel of the VeCOAX ULTRA+ outputs levels so the Amplified Splitter input is not distorted saturated.
IMPORTANT: USING MULTIPLE VeCOAX ULTRA+ combined to a Coaxial amplified splitter might be to High In Signal Input Level and disrupt the channels. Try reducing the RF OUT Level on each channel of each VeCOAX ULTRA+ to the lowest level then rise if needed/as needed.
9) For complex installations, please consider to use a SPECTRUM ANALYZER Tester, such as our PRO SPECTRUM 7 tool, so you can visualize the frequencies and visually identify where the channels gets corrupted.